VicTrack Asset Management
Victrack Asset Management Telco Network
Location: Docklands, Melbourne
As a provider of core services to the transport sector and asset manager, VicTrack fulfil various roles and functions to ensure the state’s assets continue to serve Victoria now and into the future.
The business comprises three specialist delivery groups including Property, Telecommunications and Project Delivery. With a strong commercial focus VicTrack drives investment back to transport and communities, and supports other non-commercial activities like community projects and environmental and heritage preservation. Total infrastructure and assets under management equate to approximately $40 billion.
SCope of work
VictTrack engaged Holistic Asset Management to manage various asset management initiatives within the telecommunications arm of the business. The telecommunication services and network infrastructure supports public transport voice and data services across Victoria.
Holistic Asset Management conducted a wide-ranging review on the current Asset Management System and more specifically, the state of systems and artefacts associated with the telecommunications network.
During the project period, Holistic Asset Management was able to successfully engage with key stakeholders across the business to drive key initiatives and provide expertise across the Asset Management team and framework.
HolisticAM mobilised a senior asset management consultant to assist in the delivery of activities which included:
- Review, analysis and procurement of mission critical spares for the PDH, SDH and IP networks.
- Development and deployment of a centralised obsolescence register to track over 1000 assets status.
- Planning for a centralised asset management SharePoint portal to drive business
- improvement and efficiencies within the asset management team.
- Commence planning activities to build a road map to ISO 55001 certification.