ReliaSoft BlockSim provides a comprehensive platform for system reliability, availability, maintainability and related analyses. The software offers a sophisticated graphical interface that allows you to model the simplest or most complex systems and processes using reliability block diagrams (RBDs) or fault tree analysis (FTA) — or a combination of both approaches. Markov diagrams and a Process Flow module are also available
Using exact computations or discrete event simulation, BlockSim facilitates a wide variety of analyses for both repairable and non-repairable systems that are useful to both product designers and asset managers. This includes reliability analysis, maintainability analysis, availability analysis, reliability optimization, throughput calculation, process flow diagrams, resource allocation, life cycle cost estimation and other system analyses
- Supports an extensive array of reliability block diagram (RBD) configurations and fault tree analysis (FTA) gates and events.
- Advanced capabilities to model complex configurations, load sharing, standby redundancy, phases and duty cycles.
- Process flow diagrams help users make better operational and financial decisions within the process industry.
- Facilitates a wide variety of analyses for both repairable and non-repairable systems.
- Throughput calculation helps you to identify bottlenecks and estimate production capacity.
- Performs realistic Life Cycle Cost assessments.
- Identify critical components (or failure modes).
- Determine the most effective ways to improve system performance through design improvements and/or maintenance planning.
- Use simulation to obtain estimated performance metrics that can facilitate decision-making in a variety of areas, such as:
- Scheduling planned maintenance
- Planning for spares
- Identifying bottlenecks in production throughput
- Estimating life cycle costs.
- Model any configuration to analyze its reliability, maintainability and availability using load sharing, standby redundancy, phases and duty cycles to represent the system.
Reliability Program Integration
BlockSim provides intelligent integration between reliability program activities and tools, while simultaneously facilitating effective information sharing and cooperation between engineering teams of any size.
- Use analyses performed in other ReliaSoft applications to set the properties for blocks in a BlockSim RBD or fault tree.
- Build RBDs or fault trees in BlockSim from system configuration and failure mode data in XFMEA/RCM++/RBI, or from failure rate predictions in Lambda Predict.
- Use BlockSim simulation diagrams to generate response data for experiment designs in Weibull++.
- Work with BlockSim diagrams and RENO flowcharts together in the same analysis project, and use diagram results in flowcharts if desired.
- Publish selected analyses and reports for easy access via the SEP web portal.